Definition of toucanet in English:
A small tropical American toucan with mainly green plumage.
- Family Ramphastidae: three genera, in particular Aulacorhynchus and Selenidera, and several species
- Unfortunately, toucans are quite expensive; toucanets and aracaris are less expensive.
- Toucans range from 20 inches to 25 inches while toucanets and aracaris are from 14 inches to 16 inches in length.
- Although Ramphastos toucans are impressive, I prefer some of the smaller araçaris and toucanets.
Early 19th century: diminutive of toucan.
Definition of toucanet in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan