Definition of touch and go in English:
(Of an outcome, especially one that is desired) possible but very uncertain: it was touch and go there for a while whether they would make it
More example sentences
- Do you anticipate any additional touch-and-go maneuvers?
- Paddling on Lake Athabasca is a bumpy, touch-and-go affair.
- Now it seems like he probably will, though it's still very touch-and-go.
noun(touch-and-go) (plural touch-and-goes) Back to top
A maneuver in which an aircraft touches the ground as in landing, and immediately takes off again.
- He did 10 touch-and-goes on his next landing - I've never seen an airplane bounce so high so much, so far.
- Thoroughly warm the aircraft engine by taking the plane up for some touch-and-goes or a quick trip to a local airport for the usual high-cholesterol breakfast.
- For example, a plane that makes many flights or touch-and-goes during the year should have its landing gear lubricated.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.