Definition of touch-me-not in English:
A plant of the balsam family whose ripe seed capsules open explosively when touched, scattering seeds over some distance.
- Genus Impatiens, family Balsaminaceae: several species, in particular the orange-flowered spotted touch-me-not (I. capensis)
- The ceremony was held in blazing heat in a garden dotted with pink and purple touch-me-nots, orange chrysanthemums and miniature palm trees.
- My daughter runs by the brief flowers: touch-me-nots among the stones, bluebells and sorrels, solomon's seal.
- In summer, two kinds of jewelweeds, or touch-me-nots, bloom in the marshes, one with orange flowers and the other with pale yellow ones.
Definition of touch-me-not in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia