Definition of touch-me-not in English:
A plant of the balsam family whose ripe seed capsules open explosively when touched, scattering seeds over some distance.
- Genus Impatiens, family Balsaminaceae: several species, in particular the orange-flowered spotted touch-me-not (I. capensis)
- The ceremony was held in blazing heat in a garden dotted with pink and purple touch-me-nots, orange chrysanthemums and miniature palm trees.
- My daughter runs by the brief flowers: touch-me-nots among the stones, bluebells and sorrels, solomon's seal.
- In summer, two kinds of jewelweeds, or touch-me-nots, bloom in the marshes, one with orange flowers and the other with pale yellow ones.
Definition of touch-me-not in:
- British & World English dictionary