verb[no object] (often as noun touch-typing)
Type using all one’s fingers and without looking at the keys.
- After meeting face-to-face, a trail of text messages continues the conversation as friends disperse in trains, buses and on foot, nimble thumbs touch-typing on numeric keypads.
- OK, this will be an experiment to see how good I am at touch-typing.
- Later on, she taught me five-finger touch-typing, for which I am every day grateful.
- Example sentences
- Now, as a fairly fast touch-typist, I find that having to move my hands from the home keys and then replace them at regular intervals adds a small but annoying increase to the time it takes to type up a document.
- If you are a touch-typist, you probably can't remember just how hard typing is - the awkwardness and lack of intuitive appeal of a keyboard; the way silly errors are easy to make and hard to spot.
- And I am a demon touch-typist, so I can easily match a moderately paced speaker, particularly if I don't worry about accuracy.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of touch-type in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.