Definition of town planning in English:
Another term for city planning.
- These matters were raised in the early studies of town planning and urban development by Pigou and articulated convincingly by Liepmann as given in Table 1.
- Topics up for discussion include current values, property funding, construction trends, strategic town planning and development.
- But university administrators said that he had been a dedicated student of town planning and urban development who had specialised in urban renewal.
town planner noun
- Example sentences
- He trained as a town planner and signed off extensions and dormer window conversions before bureaucratic frustration forced him to seek new pastures.
- I'm an architect and a town planner and I spent a lot of my time looking at Europe for inspiration in that field, but when it comes to local democracy I think the US is quite a good model.
- He's an architect and town planner and lives in Sydney.
Definition of town planning in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan