- A path beside a river or canal, originally used as a pathway for horses towing barges.More example sentences
- Much of the route follows the towpath of the Caledonian Canal.
- These include relocating the canal towpath to a bridge walkway creating a direct route for pedestrians crossing the basin.
- I love walking along canal towpaths and the route taken by the Leeds and Liverpool through Blackburn is a history lesson.
More definitions of towpathDefinition of towpath in:
- The British & World English dictionary