- Infection of a human with the larvae of toxocara worms, causing illness and a risk of blindness from cyst formation in the eye.More example sentences
- Posterior uveitis has a range of clinical manifestations and is associated with several conditions, including syphilis, tuberculosis, human immunodeficiency virus infection, toxocariasis and fungal diseases.
- When the larvae in the intestine make their way through the bloodstream to the eye, it is known as ocular toxocariasis, or ocular larva migrans, which may lead to a permanent loss of vision.
- And dog mess is not just unpleasant, it is sometimes (when pets are not wormed) a source of toxocariasis, which can lead to blindness in children.
More definitions of toxocariasisDefinition of toxocariasis in:
- The British & World English dictionary