Definition of toxophilite in English:
A student or lover of archery.
- However, a more technical term for an archer is a a toxophilite, which is someone who is devoted to or is a lover of archery.
- One thing is for sure they are not toxophilites.
- A person practicing archery is called an archer, and one who is fond of or an expert at archery is sometimes called a toxophilite.
adjectiveBack to top
- Example sentences
- After the ceremony of sacrificing, sports activity such as toxophily, horse race, and wrestling will be held.
- Nine skills, toxophily, stone bumping, jumping, walking, swimming, rassling, talking, writing and calculating were popular for men to practice at that time.
- A member of the Tibetan equestrian sport team performs toxophily at the Shoton Festival in Lhasa, capital of southwest China's Tibet Autonomous Region on August 14, 2007.
Definition of toxophilite in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan