- A disease caused by toxoplasmas, transmitted chiefly through undercooked meat, or in soil or cat feces. Symptoms generally pass unremarked in adults, but infection can be dangerous to unborn children.More example sentences
- Congenital toxoplasmosis can mimic disease caused by organisms such as herpes simplex virus, cytomegalovirus, and rubella virus.
- Subsequently, he was diagnosed as having hepatitis B, oral candidiasis, central nervous system toxoplasmosis, and perirectal herpes simplex virus.
- It's important to keep in mind that the cycle in which the cat is infectious and passes toxoplasmosis to humans, it lasts about two to three weeks, and the same cat can repeat the cycle later.
More definitions of toxoplasmosisDefinition of toxoplasmosis in:
- The British & World English dictionary