A lighting system in which the lights are fitted on tracks, allowing variable positioning.
More example sentences
- It's easy to spend hundreds of dollars on halogen pot lights or track lighting, but nothing gets the job done quite like a string of well-placed Christmas lights.
- The cell is dark - the only light emanating from track lighting set in the ceiling outside my personal suite.
- Multiple track lighting with dimmers and down lights eliminate hot spots and allow us to adapt lighting to specific artworks.
- More example sentences
- General, or ambient, lighting provides overall illumination by way of ceiling or wall-mounted fixtures, chandeliers, recessed lights, or track lights.
- I remember a dim, pea-green room with, at one end, a concert grand on a low wooden dais: an obsidian shrine, illuminated by track lights hung from the ceiling.
- There is one set of track lights above the stairway that are impossible to alter without scaffold or a very expensive, difficult-to-find, specialty ladder.