Definition of track lighting in English:
A lighting system in which the lights are fitted on tracks, allowing variable positioning.
- It's easy to spend hundreds of dollars on halogen pot lights or track lighting, but nothing gets the job done quite like a string of well-placed Christmas lights.
- The cell is dark - the only light emanating from track lighting set in the ceiling outside my personal suite.
- Multiple track lighting with dimmers and down lights eliminate hot spots and allow us to adapt lighting to specific artworks.
track lights plural noun
- Example sentences
- General, or ambient, lighting provides overall illumination by way of ceiling or wall-mounted fixtures, chandeliers, recessed lights, or track lights.
- I remember a dim, pea-green room with, at one end, a concert grand on a low wooden dais: an obsidian shrine, illuminated by track lights hung from the ceiling.
- There is one set of track lights above the stairway that are impossible to alter without scaffold or a very expensive, difficult-to-find, specialty ladder.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan