Definition of track record in English:
1The best recorded performance in a particular track-and-field event at a particular track.
- I rode against him at Eastbourne last week and he broke the track record.
- His track record was smashed twice last night in the fastest speedway meeting ever held in Manchester.
- It was heart-breaking because he conceded 23 lb to the winner and they smashed the track record.
1.1The past achievements or performance of a person, organization, or product: he has an excellent track record as an author
More example sentences
- Each member of the consortium has a proven track record in the field of supported employment.
- He recommends sticking to firms that have a track record because they have proved that they know how to run the funds.
- There is a proven track record of prejudice, narrow thinking and incompetent advice.
Definition of track record in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan