Definition of tragopan in English:
An Asian pheasant of highland forests, the male of which has brightly colored plumage used in courtship.
- Genus Tragopan, family Phasianidae: five species
- Pheasants are generally thought to be comprised of three subfamilies: Tragopaninae (tragopans), Argusianinae, and Phasianinae.
- I did, however, see a small monkey with enormous military moustaches, a satyr tragopan (answers on a postcard), and a pair of red river hogs - each of which were fairly exciting in their own way.
- Earlier Jammu and Kashmir had the western tragopan as its State bird.
Definition of tragopan in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan