- 1The action of teaching a person or animal a particular skill or type of behavior: in-service training for staffMore example sentences
- Many traditional teachers in this study had no training in bilingual or ESL pedagogy.
- I was working as a locum house officer during my vocational training in a local teaching hospital.
- Figures released last week showed a drop in the number of 16 year olds in education and training in England.
- 1.1The action of undertaking a course of exercise and diet in preparation for a sporting event: you’ll have to go into strict trainingMore example sentences
- A couple of divers are preparing to do some training exercises in the shallow water of the bay and the others will be diving the wreck of the Lucy later.
- There are many safe ways to carry out physical or mental training, such as exercising in gyms or on campus.
- Maintain your diet and reduce your training to ensure your muscles are prepared.
in (or out of) training
- Undergoing (or no longer undergoing) physical training for a sporting event.More example sentences
- So do all the training, get all that fine tuning done in training for those big events.
- He has been in training for the event for months and all his colleagues are willing him on to his highest position yet.
- She has been in training specifically for this event the past several months.