Definition of tranquil in English:
Free from disturbance; calm: her tranquil gaze the sea was tranquil
More example sentences
- Tai chi is calm and tranquil, and lacks the glamour or flashiness of aerobics.
- Neighbours have clubbed together to turn their back alley into a tranquil garden and play area.
- Today was the first time I walked around its tranquil little garden and surveyed its moat.
peaceful, calm, calming, still, serene, placid, restful, quiet, relaxing, undisturbed, limpid, pacific;
calm, serene, relaxed, unruffled, unperturbed, unflustered, untroubled, composed, 'calm, cool, and collected';
- Example sentences
- The two-storey white house, built in the early 20s, sits tranquilly in the centre of the compound.
- My black face looks tranquilly towards heaven with happy memories and grateful prayers from you.
- She tranquilly said, ‘I'm leaving in two days.’