Conduct or carry out (business).
More example sentences
- The way business is transacted, government operates, and national defense is conducted have changed.
- It is suggested that Indian traders may be allowed to move only up to the nearest Bangladesh trading point where the Indian traders can transact business.
- Subsequently, more organizations can transact business online without large software applications or resources, constant upgrades, and/or system overhauls.
late 16th century: from Latin transact- 'driven through', from the verb transigere, from trans- 'through' + agere 'do, lead'.
- More example sentences
- Only an eighth of the transactors are in the public service: their numbers have been growing slightly more slowly than those in the private sector.
- The technology itself transforms behavior, he says: ‘They're the most active searchers, the most fervid transactors, the most sold on the Internet overall.’
- The ancestors too are transactors in these ‘complex forms of interrelationship extending back through time’.