noun[treated as singular] Biology
- The study of transcriptomes and their functions: the field of transcriptomics allows for the examination of whole transcriptome changes across a variety of biological conditionsMore example sentences
- Unlike transcriptomics, based on the analysis of a uniform molecule class, i.e. RNA, metabolite profiling obviously requires an arsenal of analytical tools owing to the diverse structures, properties, and sizes representing the plant's chemical composition, the metabolome.
- However, the combination of metabolomics and transcriptomics will describe and unravel complex biological system relations.
- The development of new platform technologies such as transcriptomics, proteomics, and metabolomics have allowed a deeper insight into cellular mechanisms of metabolic adaptation on the molecular level, but also the reconstruction of cellular networks.
More definitions of transcriptomicsDefinition of transcriptomics in:
- The British & World English dictionary