- The rare natural transformation of cells other than stem cells into a different cell type.More example sentences
- Another possibility is to replace the missing function by causing transdifferentiation of existing cells.
- Further scrutiny has also thrown cold water on many of the transdifferentiation claims for other types of adult stem cells.
- Histology, immunohistochemistry, and ultrastructure were highly suggestive of transdifferentiation from cardiac muscle to adipose tissue.
- [no object]More example sentences
- This plasticity concept - the ability of bone marrow cell to transdifferentiate into heart muscle cell - is supported by experimental and clinical data.
- When we over-expressed Math1 in non-sensory cells of the mature cochlea, however, we found that it causes them to transdifferentiate or change their personality to become hair cells.
- Primordial germ cells that have been labeled using horseradish peroxidase or radioactive thymidine do not transdifferentiate, and very few transplanted cells persist outside of the gonads.