- A trajectory by which a spacecraft can pass from one orbit to another at a higher altitude, especially a geostationary orbit.More example sentences
- The satellite will be the first from the country to reach a geostationary transfer orbit.
- To meet market demand, Europe has developed a new version of Ariane 5, capable of placing up to 10 tonnes of payload in geostationary transfer orbit.
- The two payloads were placed in geostationary transfer orbit.
More definitions of transfer orbitDefinition of transfer orbit in:
- The British & World English dictionary