(Typically of financial assets, liabilities, or legal rights) able to be transferred or made over to the possession of another person.
- Stamp duty rates of up to 9 per cent may be chargeable on certain transferable assets.
- The government allocated transferable rights to emit predetermined levels of emissions.
- Furthermore, many of these technology and institutional assets are not easily transferable.
- Example sentences
- But it is worth asking whether transferability of skills has been considered thoroughly enough by those who advocate the teaching of key skills in order to prepare young people for work.
- The reform also proposes the end of this regional allowance and the prospect of quota transferability between member states.
- That, he said, would give The Bahamas its own currency with the benefit of transferability.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of transferable in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.