Definition of transferable in English:
(Typically of financial assets, liabilities, or legal rights) able to be transferred or made over to the possession of another person.
- Stamp duty rates of up to 9 per cent may be chargeable on certain transferable assets.
- The government allocated transferable rights to emit predetermined levels of emissions.
- Furthermore, many of these technology and institutional assets are not easily transferable.
- Example sentences
- But it is worth asking whether transferability of skills has been considered thoroughly enough by those who advocate the teaching of key skills in order to prepare young people for work.
- The reform also proposes the end of this regional allowance and the prospect of quota transferability between member states.
- That, he said, would give The Bahamas its own currency with the benefit of transferability.
Definition of transferable in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan