- 1 Mathematics Relating to or denoting a number corresponding to an infinite set in the way that a natural number denotes or counts members of a finite set.More example sentences
- He denoted the number of natural numbers by the transfinite number (pronounced aleph-nought or aleph-null).
- The book shows how this notion can be used to form various kinds of infinities such as the projective plane, transfinite numbers, and infinitesimals.
- In 1905 Bernstein published an important article on transfinite ordinal numbers.
- 2Beyond or surpassing the finite.More example sentences
- It's perfectly simple, I go in, perform the ritual, bask in the transfinite mysteries of the unknowable heatless void, and then we leave.
More definitions of transfiniteDefinition of transfinite in:
- The British & World English dictionary