- A strike-slip fault occurring at the boundary between two plates of the earth’s crust.More example sentences
- In plate tectonics, a transform fault is a strike-slip fault extending throughout the lithosphere and joining any two other plate margins.
- At transform fault boundaries (such as the San Andreas Fault in California which divides the Pacific and North American plates), the plates move or slide horizontally past each other.
- Most of these plutonic rocks come from the inside corners of transforms, the strips of crust generated in the angle between the spreading centre and the active transform fault.
More definitions of transform faultDefinition of transform fault in:
- The British & World English dictionary