- Of, relating to, or denoting an organism that contains genetic material into which DNA from an unrelated organism has been artificially introduced.More example sentences
- Also the genetic background in common laboratory and transgenic mice affects the phenotype.
- Yet surely we should not be patenting whole life forms, such as transgenic mice or cotton plants?
- The development of transgenic mice has opened up new possibilities for mutagenicity testing in small animal models.
More definitions of transgenicDefinition of transgenic in:
- The British & World English dictionary