Definition of transilluminate in English:
Pass strong light through (an organ or part of the body) in order to detect disease or abnormality.
- The light then transilluminates the vessels from underneath.
- The technology is based on creating a virtual light source deep within tissue that transilluminates vessels.
- We present here the first systematic demonstration that transilluminated fluorescence may be used to detect electrical activity within cardiac muscle.
- Example sentences
- When evaluating a suspected pneumothorax, auscultation and transillumination of the chest should be performed.
- The entire procedure is performed under direct visualization by using transillumination so the surgeon visually can confirm when the vessels are removed completely.
- The artery should be easily palpable or visible with transillumination.
Definition of transilluminate in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan