- Pass strong light through (an organ or part of the body) in order to detect disease or abnormality.More example sentences
- The light then transilluminates the vessels from underneath.
- The technology is based on creating a virtual light source deep within tissue that transilluminates vessels.
- We present here the first systematic demonstration that transilluminated fluorescence may be used to detect electrical activity within cardiac muscle.
- More example sentences
- When evaluating a suspected pneumothorax, auscultation and transillumination of the chest should be performed.
- The entire procedure is performed under direct visualization by using transillumination so the surgeon visually can confirm when the vessels are removed completely.
- The artery should be easily palpable or visible with transillumination.
More definitions of transilluminateDefinition of transilluminate in:
- The British & World English dictionary