- Of, relating to, or denoting the trajectory of a spacecraft traveling between the earth and the moon.More example sentences
- The upper stage is jettisoned after the translunar injection burn, leaving the Soyuz and logistics module to complete the six-day round-trip mission.
- He sent men out of Earth's orbit for the first time with the command, ‘You are go for TLI’ (translunar injection).
- The spacecraft breaks out of Earth's orbit and establishes a translunar trajectory, or path toward the Moon.
More definitions of translunarDefinition of translunar in:
- The British & World English dictionary