- A person passing through a country or region in the course of emigrating to another region.More example sentences
- Since 1945, Austria has accepted immigrants, refugees, and transmigrants seeking political asylum from Eastern Europe and the Soviet Union.
- The government provided facilities to the transmigrants.
- Some 35 families are local resettlers (Irian Jaya families), while the rest are transmigrants from Java.
early 17th century: from Latin transmigrant- 'migrating across', from the verb transmigrare (see transmigrate).
More definitions of transmigrantDefinition of transmigrant in:
- The British & World English dictionary