- The ratio of the light energy falling on a body to that transmitted through it.More example sentences
- Designed for spectral analysis of microscopic samples as small as 1 mm, the instrument can measure by transmittance, absorbance, reflectance, fluorescence, and polarization.
- The apparatus determines the transmittance of light through the sample leaf at two wavelengths.
- To compute the transmittance, the direct incident radiation has to be measured in a fixed position, which can be done in a small canopy gap because of the reduced viewing angle of the sensor.
More definitions of transmittanceDefinition of transmittance in:
- The British & World English dictionary