verb (transmogrifies, transmogrifying, transmogrified)[with object] chiefly • humorous
- Transform, especially in a surprising or magical manner: the cucumbers that were ultimately transmogrified into picklesMore example sentences
- Yet how this common set of tropes unfolds is hardly familiar, totally transmogrifying a well-worn stone of a concept into a profoundly deep theatrical gem.
- It, however, proves the pertinent fact that, if you have the financial power, you can transmogrify a nation of persecuted people into villains and a bunch of terrorists into heroes.
- Like infesting alien pods, American culture threatens to transmogrify the planet, as the speaker put it, into one big New Jersey.
- More example sentences
- She's about 15, and she's going through that evil transmogrification that all teenage girls go through, where they grow scales and can breathe fire.
- This transmogrification is mainly government-induced.
- They are a reaction to oppression - or at least a transmogrification of the angry white male into the docile white wimp.
mid 17th century: of unknown origin.
More definitions of transmogrifyDefinition of transmogrify in:
- The British & World English dictionary