- 1A person or thing that transports something, in particular.More example sentences
- For example, for a long time the government did not allow the non-life insurers to revise upwards the motor insurance premium rates due to the pressure from the transporters' lobby.
- By the time a product arrives on the supermarket shelf the cost of the food is a small proportion of the total, which has been bumped up by transporters, packagers, distributors and retailers.
- It is incumbent upon the authorities to meet with road transporters and where need be smooth out the technical details of how maize could be brought into the country without delay.
- 1.1A large vehicle used to carry heavy objects, e.g., cars.More example sentences
- Kits protecting heavy expanded mobility trucks, medium tactical vehicles and heavy equipment transporters were rushed to the theater.
- This is especially the case with outsize vehicles, like heavy trucks and tank transporters.
- The £300 million deal involves supplying tank transporters to bring heavy armour to the battlefield.
- 1.2(In science fiction) a device that conveys people or things instantaneously from one place to another.More example sentences
- This device is called a transporter, which makes a lot of sense when you think about it.
- Aficionados all share a certain fondness for the transporter, the device that allowed the intrepid crew of the Enterprise to plunk down on various planets without benefit of spacecraft.
- The subway must have been the original inspiration for the transporter device used in the series.
More definitions of transporterDefinition of transporter in:
- The British & World English dictionary