Definition of transsexual in English:
1A person who emotionally and psychologically feels that they belong to the opposite sex.
- So transsexuals, although born into one gender, will identify emotionally and psychologically with the other.
- A transsexual, born in Ramanathapuram, she had a troubled childhood.
- Some doctors believe that prospective transsexuals really are born into the wrong body; the surgery is therefore corrective.
1.1A person who has undergone treatment in order to acquire the physical characteristics of the opposite sex.
- All of these cases have involved transsexuals who underwent their surgeries before getting married.
- I have pointed out that the woman is like a super-annuated, hormone treated post-operative transexual with a Hitler obsession, but he doesn't seem to get my point.
- Technically, he was not what today we would call a surgically complete transsexual since initially there was little reconstructive surgery.
adjectiveBack to top
Of or relating to transsexuals.
- The relationship between mental health professionals and their transgender / transsexual clients has a long and complicated history - one that has been often characterized in negative terms.
- This was, after all, a fun day out ‘dragging it up’ as far as I was concerned, and I knew I couldn't possibly do justice to the subject from a transgendered or transsexual perspective.
- This bill is obviously a clear example of an expression of malice and prejudice against gay, lesbian, transgender, and transsexual people.
- Example sentences
- I am talking about sadomasochism, transsexualism, transgender identities, and prostitution.
- This patient may seem to be a rather extreme case, owing to her transsexualism.
- Before we get to the therapy for people with transsexualism, what about the natural state?
- Example sentences
- My feminism includes heterosexuality - as well as homosexuality, bisexuality, and transsexuality / transgenderism.
- They don't like it when homosexuality and transsexuality play important roles.
- Yet these heroic changes, which have largely been driven by transsexual activists, focus solely on transsexuality and gender identity.
Words that rhyme with transsexualasexual, bisexual, heterosexual, homosexual, psychosexual, sexual, unisexual
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.