Definition of transship in English:
verb (transships, transshipping, transshipped)[with object]
Transfer (cargo) from one ship or other form of transport to another.
- This time, the concept was to co-opt the Mozambique railways and pipeline company - in return for financial compensation, they would agree not to tranship oil to Rhodesia.
- While there had always been freight delivered by ship, it had to be transhipped, largely by hand.
- That person would not arrange for it to be trans-shipped out; it would be left on the ship.
- Example sentences
- Many administration officials saw him as little more than a leftist leader of a country whose principal exports were refugees in rickety boats and transshipments of Colombian cocaine.
- Otherwise, you need about 1,000 custom agents to stop these transshipments of unregulated products coming into the country.
- Beyond a sound Laotian economy promoting stability in the region, Laos' government has stepped up efforts to combat cultivation, production and transshipment of opium, heroin and marijuana.
Definition of transship in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan