Definition of transship in English:
verb (transships, transshipping, transshipped)[with object]
Transfer (cargo) from one ship or other form of transport to another.
- This time, the concept was to co-opt the Mozambique railways and pipeline company - in return for financial compensation, they would agree not to tranship oil to Rhodesia.
- While there had always been freight delivered by ship, it had to be transhipped, largely by hand.
- That person would not arrange for it to be trans-shipped out; it would be left on the ship.
- Example sentences
- Many administration officials saw him as little more than a leftist leader of a country whose principal exports were refugees in rickety boats and transshipments of Colombian cocaine.
- Otherwise, you need about 1,000 custom agents to stop these transshipments of unregulated products coming into the country.
- Beyond a sound Laotian economy promoting stability in the region, Laos' government has stepped up efforts to combat cultivation, production and transshipment of opium, heroin and marijuana.
Definition of transship in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.