Definition of transude in English:
(With reference to a fluid) discharge or be discharged gradually through pores in a membrane, especially within the body.
- It is given by injection and stimulates serum IgM, IgG, and IgA, but not secretory IgA, immunity being induced by antibody transuding into the oropharynx.
- This condition is due to haemorrhages into the stroma of the iris, the fluid part of the blood transuding into the anterior chamber.
- Alternatively, serum antibody may be transuded into tracheal secretion or reach mucosal surface in inflammatory exudates.
- Example sentences
- The increased transudate burdening the lymphatic system results in interstitial edema.
- The formation of the transudate / exudates and casts in the airway are the result of a number of factors.
- Pleural fluid LDH is the most accurate overall criterion for classifying pleural effusions into exudates and transudates.
- Example sentences
- Urticarial lesions are the result of capillary vasodilation followed by transudation of fluid into the superficial dermis.
- The greatest degree of histologic changes were observed in animals receiving hypercapnia + LPS, where significant alveolar transudation, septal edema, and extravasation of red blood cells occurred.
- It is characterized by a massive transudation of a protein-rich fluid from the vascular compartment into the peritoneal, pleural, or, to a lesser extent, pericardial cavities.
Words that rhyme with transudeallude, brood, collude, conclude, crude, delude, dude, elude, étude, exclude, extrude, exude, feud, food, illude, include, intrude, Jude, lewd, mood, nude, obtrude, occlude, Oudh, preclude, protrude, prude, pseud, pultrude, rood, rude, seclude, shrewd, snood, unglued, unsubdued, who'd, you'd
Definition of transude in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.