- The middle part of the large intestine, passing across the abdomen from right to left below the stomach.More example sentences
- The colon is divided into four parts: the ascending colon, the transverse colon, the descending colon, and the sigmoid colon.
- The transverse colon joins the descending colon, and in the same region five cross sections of jejunum can be identified.
- On the right side, the transverse colon sacculations and the ascending colon (which appears three sided) are seen.
More definitions of transverse colonDefinition of transverse colon in:
- The British & World English dictionary