(also travel bureau)
Definition of travel agency in English:
An agency that makes the necessary arrangements for travelers, especially the booking of airline tickets and hotel rooms.
- We made arrangements with a local travel agency to put together a package for the three of us - Frank, Charlie and myself.
- To serve residents in the south of the country, it has cooperated with a travel agency to open the charter service.
- Initially it was a corporate travel agency offering an online system to individual companies.
- Example sentences
- So, if you want to get ripped off, get your holiday money from a tour operator, travel agent or bureau de change.
- Travel insurance policies may be available from your travel agent or tour operator.
- If booking your dives through a tour operator or travel agent in Britain, ask their advice for reputable dive centres.
Definition of travel agency in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan