(also travel bureau)
An agency that makes the necessary arrangements for travelers, especially the booking of airline tickets and hotel rooms.
More example sentences
- We made arrangements with a local travel agency to put together a package for the three of us - Frank, Charlie and myself.
- To serve residents in the south of the country, it has cooperated with a travel agency to open the charter service.
- Initially it was a corporate travel agency offering an online system to individual companies.
- More example sentences
- So, if you want to get ripped off, get your holiday money from a tour operator, travel agent or bureau de change.
- Travel insurance policies may be available from your travel agent or tour operator.
- If booking your dives through a tour operator or travel agent in Britain, ask their advice for reputable dive centres.
Definition of travel agency in:
- The British & World English dictionary