(also travel bureau)
Definition of travel agency in English:
An agency that makes the necessary arrangements for travelers, especially the booking of airline tickets and hotel rooms.
- We made arrangements with a local travel agency to put together a package for the three of us - Frank, Charlie and myself.
- To serve residents in the south of the country, it has cooperated with a travel agency to open the charter service.
- Initially it was a corporate travel agency offering an online system to individual companies.
- 1travel agent
- Example sentences
- So, if you want to get ripped off, get your holiday money from a tour operator, travel agent or bureau de change.
- Travel insurance policies may be available from your travel agent or tour operator.
- If booking your dives through a tour operator or travel agent in Britain, ask their advice for reputable dive centres.
Pronunciation: /ˈtravəl ˌājənt/noun
Definition of travel agency in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.