Definition of treasure hunt in English:
1A search for treasure.
- Over the past two centuries, six men have died in the Money Pit on Nova Scotia's Oak Island, site of the world's most famous treasure hunt.
- A mild love story and kidnapping / treasure hunt is all this film really required.
- That was what they thought all since they had found that cave, since they went on that treasure hunt.
1.1A game in which players search for hidden objects by following a trail of clues.
- Pupils at Seend School did most of the organisation for the event themselves and thought of ideas for games, including a treasure hunt, marbles and lucky dips.
- The CD plays with older forms like the treasure hunt, a game with embedded clues, shadow puppetry silhouettes and traditional folklore.
- The day started with a treasure hunt and this was followed by a parachute game with all the mums and dads invited to participate.
Definition of treasure hunt in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan