Definition of treasure hunt in English:
1A search for treasure.
- Over the past two centuries, six men have died in the Money Pit on Nova Scotia's Oak Island, site of the world's most famous treasure hunt.
- A mild love story and kidnapping / treasure hunt is all this film really required.
- That was what they thought all since they had found that cave, since they went on that treasure hunt.
1.1A game in which players search for hidden objects by following a trail of clues.
- Pupils at Seend School did most of the organisation for the event themselves and thought of ideas for games, including a treasure hunt, marbles and lucky dips.
- The CD plays with older forms like the treasure hunt, a game with embedded clues, shadow puppetry silhouettes and traditional folklore.
- The day started with a treasure hunt and this was followed by a parachute game with all the mums and dads invited to participate.
Definition of treasure hunt in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.