An arboreal squirrel that is typically active in daylight and does not hibernate.
- Sciurus and other genera, family Sciuridae: numerous species
More example sentences
- Then there's the individualistic tree squirrel; for these rodents, the chatter seems to be a way of telling a large animal ‘I see you; don't waste your time trying to catch me.’
- There are three basic body forms in squirrels: tree squirrels, ground squirrels and flying squirrels.
- Many chipmunks and tree squirrels also exhibit a mating chase during breeding.
Definition of tree squirrel in:
- The British & World English dictionary