Definition of treecreeper in English:
A small songbird with drab plumage and a down-curved bill that creeps around on the trunks of trees to search for insects. Compare with creeper (sense 2).
- ● A Eurasian and North American bird (Certhia, family Certhiidae, in particular the common C. familiaris). ● An Australasian bird (family Climacteridae and genus Climacteris).
- For every obvious crossbill, razorbill, greenfinch, woodpecker, warbler, treecreeper, swift or flycatcher there is a mysterious wigeon, garganey, gadwall, bittern, siskin, pipit, shrike or twite.
- Other victims have included young treecreepers and house sparrows.
- Food bars or fat hung up or rubbed into the bark of trees is a great help for treecreepers, goldcrests and many other species.
Words that rhyme with treecreeperzookeeper • bookkeeper
Definition of treecreeper in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan