- A trunnel.More example sentences
- They were used for boring holes in the oak timbers that formed the frames of ships, preparatory to fastening those timbers together with iron bolts or with treenails.
- Aside from that, his construction appears to be the same except when he writes, ‘parts are clamped together by treenails or screw bolts…
- The new boat was built at Laleham by carpenters and locksmiths, and the materials which they used included 150 planks, presumably of oak, 900 rivets, and 900 nails, of which 500 were of wood and evidently treenails used for the frame.
More definitions of treenailDefinition of treenail in:
- The British & World English dictionary