- 1 • informal An earthquake.More example sentences
- The professor says he can predict earthquakes by tracking tremblers and looking at historical data.
- Today's trembler was the third significant quake to hit California since Sunday.
- The epicenter of the Nov. 3 trembler was about 75 miles north of Anchorage, causing multiple landslides and road closures, but minimal damage and amazingly few injuries and no deaths.
- 2A songbird related to the thrashers, found in the Lesser Antilles and named from its habit of violent shaking.
More example sentences
- Genera Cinclocerthia and Ramphocinclus, family Mimidae: three species
- In the second stage of our study we increased our taxon and nucleotide sampling to assess the likelihood that Lesser Antillean tremblers and thrashers represented a monophyletic lineage.
- The two-cluster test did not uncover significant rate variation between a cluster composed of catbirds and Antillean thrashers and tremblers, and a second cluster including Melanotis and Mimus species.
- One of these lineages includes the three species of Mimus, the second is formed by Melanotis caerulescens, and the third comprises the catbirds and Antillean thrashers and tremblers.
More definitions of tremblerDefinition of trembler in:
- The British & World English dictionary