- A white to gray amphibole mineral that is characteristic of metamorphosed dolomitic limestones.More example sentences
- Amosite, fibrous anthophyllite, fibrous tremolite, fibrous actinolite, and crocidolite are amphiboles, double-chain silicates, which observed microscopically look like sharp needles.
- The presence of several amphibole minerals, such as tremolite, actinolite, anthophyllite, was confirmed.
- Size characteristics for tremolite and chrysotile fibers are reported in Table 7.
late 18th century: from Tremola Valley, Switzerland, + -ite1.
More definitions of tremoliteDefinition of tremolite in:
- The British & World English dictionary