- A light simple mortar designed to propel a bomb into enemy trenches.More example sentences
- The sounds of fighting never abated; even the infrequent spells of calm were interrupted by the occasional bored firing of a rifle or a trench mortar or an Army machine gun.
- We captured a trench mortar, a machine gun and some material.
- The closest Wood got to combat was the inspection tour, during which a trench mortar exploded at the breach, slightly wounding him and killing several officers who stood nearby.
More definitions of trench mortarDefinition of trench mortar in:
- The British & World English dictionary