Definition of trendsetter in English:
A person who leads the way in fashion or ideas.
- Fashion, say trendsetters in Dubai, is here to stay.
- Elvis Presley's shark fin blazers and trademark ‘puff’ still keep mass fashion trendsetters agog.
- Institutions in South Mumbai, which attract students from affluent families, have been trendsetters in fashion.
- Example sentences
- Her marble fireplace business has grown from humble beginnings, when she hawked marble tiles round shops, to the ultimate in trendsetting home design.
- But at the same time the city is becoming a trendsetting city in modern Asia, changing its image from a stopover for bargain hunters and sex tourists.
- The world's trendsetting fashion marketers may get the message a lot sooner to clean up their act if they are warned by the worldly French.
Words that rhyme with trendsetterexperimenter
Definition of trendsetter in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan