Definition of trialist in English:
1A person who participates in a trial, in particular.
- Neben, who has been on the podium in the last two years at this event, is also a strong time trialist with several impressive victories to her credit over the last few years.
- Veivers may give a run-out to new trialist Matt Mahoney from Crosfields.
- City fielded Australian trialist Dave Carney, who had a spell with Halifax last season after being freed by Everton.
1.1A person who takes part in a sports trial or motorcycle trial.
- I've played a few but quite often they are full of youth team players and trialists and not really the same as competitive football.
- It was a good work out for the regulars in the first-half but all eyes were on the triallists and goalkeeper Dean Wordsworth had a night to forget being beaten five times.
- But league rules on trialists meant he has been limited to only two reserve games.
1.2A person who takes part in a clinical or market test of a new product.
- Such a thought would be anathema to most clinical trialists.
- We believe that trialists need to report a minimum set of information.
- He helped build up interest in the site by giving away free trials and around two per cent of the trialists signed up for the annual £9.99 membership.
Words that rhyme with trialistviolist
Definition of trialist in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.