Definition of triceps in English:
noun (plural same or tricepses)Anatomy
Any of several muscles having three points of attachment at one end, particularly (also triceps brachii /ˈbrākēˌī, -kēˌē/) the large muscle at the back of the upper arm.
- Palpation of the soft tissues begins with the biceps and triceps muscles.
- Then the biceps relaxes and the triceps contracts to straighten the elbow.
- The rotating French press is a terrific triceps toner because it really isolates the triceps muscle.
late 16th century: from Latin, literally 'three-headed', from tri- 'three' + -ceps (from caput 'head').
- tricep tendonitisMore example sentences
- In 1994, patient 1 experienced weakness and pain that radiated from his legs to his entire body, as well as muscle trembling, drooping eyelids, and tricep and quadriceps weakness.
- In many cases this is due to a genetic propensity of the deltoid and tricep muscles to be primarily involved in this pushing motion.
- Increased adiposity in the subscapular and tricep region in middle age was associated with a 60-70% increase in risk of dementia
Words that rhyme with tricepsbiceps
Definition of triceps in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan