noun (plural same or tricepses)Anatomy
Any of several muscles having three points of attachment at one end, particularly (also triceps brachii /ˈbrākēˌī/ /-kēˌē/) the large muscle at the back of the upper arm.
- Palpation of the soft tissues begins with the biceps and triceps muscles.
- Then the biceps relaxes and the triceps contracts to straighten the elbow.
- The rotating French press is a terrific triceps toner because it really isolates the triceps muscle.
- tricep tendonitisMore example sentences
- In 1994, patient 1 experienced weakness and pain that radiated from his legs to his entire body, as well as muscle trembling, drooping eyelids, and tricep and quadriceps weakness.
- In many cases this is due to a genetic propensity of the deltoid and tricep muscles to be primarily involved in this pushing motion.
- Increased adiposity in the subscapular and tricep region in middle age was associated with a 60-70% increase in risk of dementia
Late 16th century: from Latin, literally 'three-headed', from tri- 'three' + -ceps (from caput 'head').
Words that rhyme with tricepsbiceps
Definition of triceps in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.