- A small hair or other outgrowth from the epidermis of a plant, typically unicellular and glandular.More example sentences
- The majority of flowering plants produce multicellular trichomes.
- The adaxial and abaxial surfaces of the investigated leaves of Styrian oil pumpkin showed numerous glandular trichomes and bristle hairs.
- Moreover, the composition of exudates produced by glandular trichomes may change with leaf age.
late 19th century: from Greek trikhōma, from trikhoun 'cover with hair'.
More definitions of trichomeDefinition of trichome in:
- The British & World English dictionary