Definition of trichomoniasis in English:
An infection caused by parasitic trichomonads, chiefly affecting the urinary tract, vagina, or digestive system.
- Genus Trichomonas, in particular T. vaginalis (in the reproductive tract) and T. hominis (in the large intestine)
- Chlamydia, gonorrhoea, herpes and trichomoniasis are sexually transmitted infections that can cause vaginal symptoms.
- The evidence is inconclusive, however, about whether condoms can prevent genital herpes, syphilis, chancroids, chlamydial infection, trichomoniasis, or gonorrhea (in women).
- Bacterial vaginosis, trichomoniasis, and candidiasis are the most common diseases associated with vaginal discharge.
Definition of trichomoniasis in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan