Definition of trichopteran in English:
An insect of the order Trichoptera; a caddisfly.
- Both the lepidopteran and the trichopteran branches are relatively long and share a common node, a different situation from the plecopteran and the collembolan branches.
- One trichopteran family that is unknown from the Messel sediments has been identified from the intestinal contents.
- Epiphytic algae appear to underpin much of the production in the littoral zone of this oligotrophic lake, with trichopteran and chironomid larvae mediating carbon flows from algae to fish.
adjectiveBack to top
Relating to or denoting trichopterans.
- Foods eaten include trichopteran larvae, tendepedid larvae, cladocerans, isopods, crayfish, and copepods.
- Moreover, it was also found that ephemeropteran species dominated spring and summer diets, while trichopteran species prevailed in winter.
- Some Trichopteran species construct tubular retreats along the surfaces of rocks or within stream bed sediments.
Definition of trichopteran in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.