- A compulsive desire to pull out one’s hair: an amino acid that has previously shown promise in treating repetitive and compulsive disorders has reduced hair-pulling in 25 people with trichotillomaniaMore example sentences
- Trichotillomania is an "impulse-control disorder" in humans, characterised by repetitive stereotypical hair pulling from different areas.
- Hair loss to Trichotillomania varies from barely noticeable thinning to total loss.
- This eleven-year-old girl presented with a well-established case of Trichotillomania.
early 20th century: from French trichotillomanie, from Greek thrix, trikhos 'hair ' + tillein 'pull out (hair)' + -mania.
More definitions of trichotillomaniaDefinition of trichotillomania in:
- The British & World English dictionary