Definition of trichromatic in English:
1Having or using three colors.
- An important theory was put forward by Young in the 18th century and was developed by Helmholz to give the trichromatic scheme which states that there are three fundamental colours.
- The general principle underlying the design of visual trichromatic colorimeters. may be briefly summarized as follows.
1.1Having normal color vision, which is sensitive to all three primary colors.
- People with trichromatic color vision see not only four primary colors (blue, green, yellow, and red) but also various intermediate colors between them.
- Primates, including humans, have three cones and can thus distinguish three of the primary color phases, giving us trichromatic vision, or high color resolution.
- The nocturnal origins of primates imposed constraints on certain sensory systems, namely trichromatic vision.
- Example sentences
- There are three types of anomalous trichromatism named according to which photopigment is affected: Protanomalous trichromatism, Deuteranomalous trichromatism and Tritanomalous trichromatism.
- Fernandez and Morris conclude that trichromatism evolved for ecological rather than social reasons, such as the detection of edible leaves and/or fruits.
- Then came the mutation of trichromatism, which enabled us to see fruit - cherries, say - more easily against a variegated leafy background.
Definition of trichromatic in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.