Definition of triclad in English:
A free-living flatworm of an order characterized by having a gut with three branches, including the planarians.
- Order Tricladida, class Turbellaria
- We have searched for Hox and ParaHox genes in several flatworm groups spanning from freshwater triclads to marine polyclads and, more recently, in the acoels, the likely earliest extant bilaterian.
- Despite several attempts, no ParaHox genes have so far been found in triclads.
- The amplified fragment of EF1a varies in size, from 947 nt in the two polyclads to 962 nt in C. roscoffensis to 965 nt in the three triclads.
Definition of triclad in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.