- A flag with three bands or blocks of different colors, especially the French national flag with equal upright bands of blue, white, and red.More example sentences
- The flag is a tricolor with blue, white, and green fields and a red star on the triangular white field on the left.
- After the semi-final, more than half a million people gathered in the Champs-Elysées, waving French tricolours alongside Algerian and other African flags.
- So, will we see a St Pat's day, minus the green white and orange themed banners and tricolors?
adjective(also tricolored) Back to top
- Having three colors.More example sentences
- Laois stumbled under the tricoloured barrage and but for the finish which only familiarity with success breeds, might have weaved better patterns later in the game, with the gap down to just one point and Laois on the rack.
- The unfashionable tricoloured crew earned this win with some commendable determination, and after losing midfield, and only scoring four times from play from the eight forwards.
- Despite the poor show by Offaly hurlers last Sunday in Croke Park, the lure of two games is expected to draw a respectable amount of tricoloured Gaels south.
More definitions of tricolorDefinition of tricolor in:
- The British & World English dictionary